GarageBand for Mac
Create. Record. Mix. Share.
Farrington School of Music is excited to announce that it is now working with Apple Education and its teacher program for GarageBand. We are offering recording education and sessions for all of our students.
Capturing a beautiful performance on a recording is one of the greatest experiences a musician can have. Owning a good recording allows students to share what they have worked on with family, friends and other musicians.
GarageBand is a fully equipped music creation studio right inside your Mac with a complete sound library that includes instruments, presets for guitar and voice, and an incredible selection of session drummers and percussionists.
Record music of your own & learn how to Mix, Master, & Share.
OUR GARAGEBAND SERVICES
Get comfortable with the basic functions of the program and setting up a recording.
Learn how to easily record, mix, and master your own music.
Work together with other students and professional musicians.
Share your music with friends, family, and other artists.
For more in-depth recording projects students can advance to Logic Pro.
• Simple interface designed for easy music making
• Find the sweet spot in every track with the interactive visual EQ
• Enable Quick Help and get useful hints wherever you hover your cursor
• Get inspired with a fresh new collection of sounds and instruments from some of todays biggest producers
• Explore new Apple Loops covering the latest electronic and urban genres
• Drummer loops can be added to your song and then customized with performance controls
• Add a virtual session drummer, percussionist, or beat producer to your song that takes direction and plays realistic beats
• Choose among 33 players from popular genres like EDM, Hip Hop, Rock, and Alternative
• Use a simple set of controls to shape your drummer’s performance
• Each player can perform over a million unique groove and fill combinations
• Easily shape any sound in the library with a custom set of knobs, buttons, and sliders
• The look and personality of Smart Controls changes with each instrument
Amps and Stompboxes
• Use Bass Amp Designer to dial up classic and modern tones
• Build your own guitar rig with Amp Designer using 25 legendary amps and cabinets
• Design a custom Pedalboard from a collection of 35 fun and creative stompbox effects
• Use iCloud to keep your GarageBand projects up to date across your Mac computers
• Start a song anywhere on your iPhone, or iPad, then import it wirelessly to your Mac to take it even further
• Remotely add new tracks to your project using GarageBand on your iPhone or iPad
Learn to Play
• Get started with 40 Basic Lessons for guitar and piano covering classical, blues, rock, and pop
• Free Artist Lessons show you how to play a hit song taught by the artist who made it famous
Record. Mix. Master. Share.
• Create a song with up to 255 tracks
• Quickly change the timing of an audio recording using Flex Time
• Use Groove Track to align the rhythm and timing of all your tracks with a single click
• Choose your best performance with multi-take recording
• Export to your Music library or share directly to SoundCloud
Works with Logic Remote
• Use your iPhone or iPad and Multi-Touch gestures to wirelessly play any GarageBand instrument on your Mac
• Access Smart Controls on your iPad to shape any sound while you’re playing
• Navigate your song and browse the Sound Library from your iPad